Why are garments important?
Compression minimizes swelling and pain. Constant pressure on tissues that have been operated on helps to prevent excessive fluid build up, and it helps your body absorb fluid that does accumulate. The incisions may look small, but your surgical procedure affected a lot of tissue. Though hidden, the result is trauma to an area that your body begins to heal. Extra blood, lymph and fluids trying to travel to the affected area appear as swelling. This swelling or “edema”, could slow down your body’s healing process and cause you discomfort. Many surgeons have found through experience that compression garments aid in controlling and reducing edema while also making you more comfortable.
Speed up your recovery process. The less swelling you have in the first place, the less time you’ll need to get rid of it. Without compression helping your body reabsorb fluid, post-op swelling can linger much longer than necessary.
Your results will look better overall. Compression helps your skin contract to its new contours. This is essential for getting ideal liposuction results. Also, it helps prevent a wrinkled appearance to skin after anybody contouring procedure.
What is a stage two garment?
Your body has different needs at different stages of recovery. Once the swelling has gone down with proper post op care like wearing your stage one garment and receiving lymphatic massages your body will need a smaller garment to fit you and ensure proper compression. Our professionals at Amachi Medspa will let you know when you need to move on to your stage two garment. We take the hassle out of sizing and ordering all you have to do is show up and pick it up.
We offer the best quality garments
Georgia Plastic offers garments from Marena Recovery Group the best quality garments for optimal care and comfort below are some tips to choose the right garments for post op care.
- More Stretch, More Power – the best compression fabrics have lots of stretch and recovery power provided by Elastene, Spandex or LYCRA®
- Cool and Dry – it should move perspiration away from your body so it can evaporate quickly, helping you stay drier and more comfortable.
- Durability – the garment should last the entire recovery time without losing its shape.
- Anti-microbial – inhibiting the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew keeps the fabric clean and fresh.
- Softness – soft fabric is more comfortable.
- Irritant Free– Latex, silicone and formaldehyde free